We are always looking for passionate individuals to come and join our exciting team in Peru!
- Teach English to children from 6 years old to 12 years old of varying levels of English.
- Prepare lesson plans and share best learning practice with other volunteers and the Director.
- Take part in fun extracurricular activities that include sightseeing, camping, surfing and sandboarding
- Spend time with children and their families at our various projects.
- Attend weekly meetings with other volunteers and the Director.
- Set an example to the students and act as a role model.
- Be a responsible ambassador for our organization.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic!
- Minimum commitment of one month in Peru - essential
- English fluency - essential
- Basic level of Spanish
- Positive attitude and adaptable
- Experience teaching and/or working with groups of children
- High school diploma
- An engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Open-minded and driven
- Ability to work with a team
- First Aid certificate not required but preferred
- Experience of living and working in Latin America not required but preferred
Benefits of volunteering with us:
- Gain valuable skills and a unique experience in teaching kids in Peru
- Be part of an amazing community that aims at making a positive change
- Induction, training and on-going support from our team members
- Housing (at the volunteer house or with a host family)
- Get a reference and a certificate upon completion of your mission
Housing & Cost
Volunteers can choose to live with a host family or at our volunteer house. All accommodations include private and shared double bed rooms, Wi-Fi, kitchen, common living/sitting-room and bathroom with hot water.
Our Program Director will come and fetch you wherever you arrive: at the airport or at the bus station in Trujillo. Full induction and on-going support is provided both in English and Spanish.
The volunteering cost is $280 for 4 weeks and includes accommodation.